Business Services Manager
1. Responsible for the following aspects of the revenue cycle:
a. Patient admissions
b. Patient billing
c. Submission of insurance claims
d. Collections process
e. Central Scheduling
f. Pre-Certification of benefits
g. Tracking and monitoring of accounts receivable metrics/goals set by administration
2. Monitors the Business Services compliance with all contractual agreements to assure billings are submitted correctly, insurance claims are submitted in the appropriate manner and the appropriate contractual discounts are written off.
3. Supervises, orients, trains, evaluates and monitors on-the-job performance of department personnel. Ensures an effective staff by interviewing candidates and selecting candidates for hire. Responsible for scheduling personnel to assure that processing of the business services of South Central Kansas Medical Center is accomplished efficiently, professionally and within the budgetary guidelines.
4. Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations regarding admitting, billing, insurance and collection procedures.
5. Interfaces with all insurance representatives on behalf of the hospital, including billing issues as well as compliance updates.
6. Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other third party payers through education and coaching.
7. Prepares an annual budget and manages the staff and department consistent with approved budgetary guidelines.
8. Attends meetings and provides information or data to necessary team members.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Business required
Minimum 5 years of experience in an office setting, preferably a hospital or another medical setting.
Organizational skills and professionalism, Strong computer and software skills, Demonstrated knowledge of the appropriate skills for communicating with individuals of all ages. Excellent interpersonal skills including excellent, verbal and written communication skills. Working knowledge of personnel management, record keeping, and office administration.
Sarah Kindt - Human Resources Director
PO BOX 1107
Arkansas City, KS 67005