- Prepares food for the patients, cafeteria, customers and special functions.
- Prior to meal preparation reviews the menus for the type of food to be prepared.
- Schedules preparation time to assure food is ready on specified time frames.
- Maintains high quality food products that are consistently high in quality, appealing and attractive.
- Follows recipes and uses correct portion sizes.
- Incorporates leftovers whenever possible.
- Cuts meat properly to assure tenderness and the correct portion size.
- Checks diet orders and prepares special foods according to the menu.
- Sets up cafeteria serving line attractively.
- Restocks the inventory on the serving line to assure par levels.
- Operates cash register, making correct change to customers, tallying money and register receipts correctly.
- Portions food according to the menu while also garnishing and serving attractive food.
- Prepares & properly labels salads, sandwiches, fruit etc. for merchandiser the next day.
- Keeps work area clean, sanitizing equipment and utensils after use…..”Clean as you go”
- Maintains proper food temperature procedures.
- Operates equipment safely.
- Puts away inventory in a timely manner.
- Completes the cleaning schedule on time.
- Follows the department’s infection control procedures.
- Adheres to the department’s dress code.
Excellent customer service skills required. Previous experience in the food industry is preferred.
Krista Carrillo, Human Resources Manager
PO BOX 1107
Arkansas City, KS 67005