Employee Health RN
Position: Employee Health RN - Full-time
1. Organizes, directs and coordinates functions and activities in cardiac Services during scheduled shift.
2. Responds to emergency situations throughout the facility as necessary.
3. Collaborates with medical staff and other providers to ensure optimal care to patients and their families.
4. Maintains accurate and precise records of employee absenteeism or tardiness from scheduled work.
5. Maintains current broad based knowledge of pathophysiology and disease processes of conditions usually represented on the unit.
6. Ensures the patient care policies and procedures, and patient safety standards are maintained.
7. Demonstrates ability to rapidly and accurately assess deteriorating changes in a patient’s condition utilizing critical thinking skills, and directs staff in prompt and corrective action.
8. Monitors the effectiveness of training or training needs on the unit and reports to Nurse Manager.
9. Ensures that patient care policies and procedures, and patient safety standards are maintained.
10. Participates in team process improvement.
11. Completes hospital-wide in-services or tests as required throughout the review period.
12. Completes Age-Specific competency assessment completed and results are filed with the Education Coordinator.
13. Demonstrates support to other team members and nursing staff to create a system of quality care.
Education: Must maintain license by meeting the Kansas Licensing Board’s CEU requirements (30 CEU’s every 2 years).
License: RN in the state of Kansas.
Certifications: CPR; ACLS
Experience: Minimum three years of general nursing experience
Other: Must be highly organized, must be able to delegate (and hold accountable) duties to the staff, and must be able to work in a team environment following total quality management principles. Must have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with the physicians, staff and the public.
Department Manager/Supervisor: Director of Nursing
Immediate Reports: None
Interrelationships: Works closely with other department and ancillary staff, physicians, family members of patients and all other nursing personnel.
Regularly exposed to the risk of infectious pathogens. Exposed to unpleasant elements. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations including emergencies and crises, Subject to irregular hours.
Human Resources Director
PO BOX 1107
Arkansas City, KS 67005
The SCKMC application process consists of three forms:
1. General Application 2. Release Authorization 3. Confidentiality Agreement
Please complete ALL THREE forms.