Full-time House Supervisor
7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
1. Organizes, directs and coordinates activities of all nursing departments during assigned shift.
2. Maintains accurate record of staffing and hospital census during assigned shift.
3. Responds to emergency situations throughout the facility as necessary.
4. Acts as interim Incident Commander for internal/external disaster response during assigned shift.
5. Facilitates collaborative relationships among providers to ensure optimal outcomes.
6. Maintains current broad-based knowledge of pathophysiology and disease processes or conditions generally represented within the community.
7. Demonstrates the ability to rapidly and accurately assess changes in a patient’s condition and assists staff in providing prompt corrective action.
8. Monitors the effectiveness of training needs of the staff and reports to Nurse Council.
9. Ensures that patient care policies and procedures as well as patient safety standards are maintained.
10. Participates in process improvement and quality assurance date collection.
11. Completes hospital wide in-services or tests as required throughout the review period.
12. Completes age specific competency assessment annually.
13. Demonstrates support to other team members and nursing staff to create a system of quality care.
License: RN in the state of Kansas.
Certifications: BLS, ACLS, NRP, ICS training, approved leadership training.
Experience: A minimum of three years general nursing experience.
Other: Must be highly organized and able to delegate and/or reassign duties to nursing staff members; must be able to work in and promote a team environment following total quality management principles; must have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with physicians, staff and the public.
Sarah Kindt - Human Resources Director
PO BOX 1107
Arkansas City, KS 67005