Position: Housekeeping/Laundry/Floor Maintenance
Shift: PRN (As Needed) - Hours and Shift May Vary
1. Floor care. Including sweeping moping and/or vacuuming. Floor maintenance also includes waxing and the operation of buffing machines, scrub trucks, floor strippers, and other floor care equipment.
2. Properly complete all documentation including, dismissal logs, laundry pounds, and end of shift reports.
3. Maintain clean linen supplies, including the transport, washing, drying and delivery of linens.
4. Sanitize assigned patient rooms, restrooms, and departments.
5. Compliance with all SCKMC policies and procedures, State and Federal regulations.
6. Answer pages and perform miscellaneous assigned tasks.
7. Collect trash from assigned interior and exterior areas.
8. General cleaning duties including dusting and windows.
9. Responsible for attending all mandatory training sessions with housekeeping and laundry staff.
10. Additional duties assigned. Additional training opportunities may include housekeeping.
Should possess critical thinking skills and be able to react effectively to the unique situations related to the floor maintenance/housekeeping/laundry services and staff of SCKMC; Must embrace change and keep current with knowledge of changing regulations and procedures; Must be highly organized; Must be able to work in and promote a team environment; Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills while dealing with staff, managers and the public; Requires a mechanical ability to deal with special equipment in the department including but not limited to: washers, dryers, chemical dispensers, floor buffers, floor scrub trucks, floor strippers, and vacuum sweepers. Previous experience in a medical facility is preferred, but not necessary.
Department Manager/Supervisor: Floor Maintenance, housekeeping and Laundry Team Leader
Immediate Reports: None
Interrelationships: Will work closely with other members of the housekeeping and laundry department. Must work effectively with nursing, physicians, patients, guests and other staff members.
Regularly exposed to the risk of infectious pathogens, and hazardous chemicals. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations including emergencies and crises. Subject to irregular hours.
Krista Newton, Human Resources Manager
PO BOX 1107
Arkansas City, KS 67005
The SCKMC application process consists of three forms:
1. General Application 2. Release Authorization 3. Confidentiality Agreement
Please complete ALL THREE forms.