PRN Pharmacy Tech
Description of Work Performed
1. Fills the Unit Dose Medication Cart on a daily basis.
2. Processes incoming drug orders from manufacturers and wholesalers as well as processes the purchase orders related to these medications. Responsible for detecting any errors and notifying pharmacists of any price changes.
3. Completes any paperwork necessary for returning medications that might have been shipped in error or returned due to overstocking.
4. Aseptically prepares I.V. solutions and labels them for patient administration for all ages of patients. This includes large volume parenterals, small volume parenterals, and hyperalimentation solutions which are checked by a pharmacist before delivery to the patient.
7. Serves as a messenger to retrieve medication orders, deliver medications, and acquire medications from local pharmacies or other hospitals in emergencies.
8. Has the basic knowledge and skills required for the preparation of I.V. solutions for the infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Graduate of a Certified Pharmacy Technician Course preferred.
Previous experience in a hospital pharmacy preferred. Previous experience operating a computer required.
Krista Newton - Human Resources Manager
PO BOX 1107
Arkansas City, KS 67005