- Receiving invoices and matching them up to the purchase orders made by all departments, checking that the totals match on both the invoice and purchase order.
- Posting invoices and paying the hospital bills, attaching a copy of the check with the invoice and purchase orders, Filing them in an orderly manner.
- Entering, posting and paying refund checks that the insurance company and/or patients have over paid.
- Running all reports after invoices, refunds are posted and paid.
- Closing out end of the month.
- Balancing statements to invoices to make sure all invoices are in for the month.
- Scan end of the year files and make new files and folders for the new year.
- Filing out purchase orders for some of the bills that come in.
- Enter and post the ER charges. Running reports for the insurance office so they can bill the claims.
- Transferring multiple accounts to combine to one account for the patients.
- Writing off accounts not able to collect.
- Doing adjustments on patient accounts.
- Posting charges on contract billing for the clinics and other hospital.
- Posting bad debit recovery.
- Additional duties as assigned.