- Ensures that appropriate qualified personnel are scheduled to provide quality care to patients.
- Maintains all competency and skill check lists on unit personnel to ensure competency; Works closely with the Education Coordinator and the Director of Nursing to provide further education needs of personnel.
- Monitors personnel who are tardy, sick or absent from work, vacation requests, and other needs of the unit, reports at the end of the month to the director of Nursing or as needed to ensure adequate staffing needs.
- Monitors the effectiveness of training or training needs of the staff.
- Demonstrates support to other department managers to create a system of quality care.
- Complies with all nursing accreditation bodies.
- Promotes standard of service to all team members.
- Maintains a safe working environment for the staff as well as for the patients and family members.
- Makes rounds often to identify staffing and patient needs. Reviews policies and makes updates as needed.
- Reviews policies and makes updates as needed.
- Performs as an RN on the unit when needed.
- Attends and supports Nurse Managers Meetings. Participates in the team process improvement.
- Responds to emergency situations throughout the hospital as needed
License: RN in the State of Kansas
Certifications: Must be ACLS
Education: maintain license by meeting KS licensing board CEU requirements (30 CEU’s every 2 years.)
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership role in a like sized facility is required. Four years experience working as staff RN in an OR preferred but not required.
Other: Must be highly organized, must be able to delegate (and hold accountable) duties to the staff, and must be able to work in a team environment following total quality management principles. Must have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with the physicians, staff, and the public.
Must be able to work in an environment that frequently produces a high level of stress and mental fatigue. Requires the ability to organize on a continuum due to changing status of the patients and the environment. Requires a mechanical ability to deal with a large number of machines and special equipment in the department (Electrocautery units, Tourniquests, Harmonic Scalpel, Autoclaves, positioning equipment, Neo-probe). Must have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with the physicians, staff and the public.
Human Resources Director
PO BOX 1107
Arkansas City, KS 67005
The SCKMC application process consists of three forms:
1. General Application 2. Release Authorization 3. Confidentiality Agreement
Please complete ALL THREE forms.