Chief Financial Officer
- Serves as financial council to the CEO, Management Team and Board of Trustees.
- Demonstratively promotes the Medical Center’s vision and strategic plan to all assigned teams, and shall assure that reporting teams are promoting the strategic plan and its tactics as well.
- Shall be responsible for coordinating the creation, documenting, and publishing of the Medical Center’s financial/capital budget. Shall also be accountable to develop, implement and train team leaders and management team members on the use of budgetary monitors. These monitors shall serve to assist in keeping each team within budget.
- Shall be responsible for creating and communicating the Medical Center’s monthly and annual financial statements to the Board of Trustees, Management Team, and Team Leaders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Shall be responsible for and have the authority to optimize financial, billing, and collection systems to assure the maximum necessary cash flow is provided to achieve the vision, strategic plan, and debt service requirements.
- Shall be responsible for maintaining a positive and trusting relationship with the Board of Trustees, Management, Team Members, and Medical Staff.
- Assures that South Central Kansas Medical Center complies with accrediting bodies requirements, in that no major survey issues are written in their area as well as for assigned teams. Shall be accountable to see that previous discrepancies have been corrected and documentation of those corrections is available.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
Experience: Three to five years in a like position in a like sized facility.
Other: CPSI system experience is preferred. Computer literate is required in general, Excel spreadsheets in particular.