Clinic Medical Assistant
South Central KS Medical Center is seeking an experienced medical assistant to work at South Central KS Clinic assisting one of our physicians.
- Provides direct and personalized care to patients.
- Documents and executes the Physicians orders as per policy/standards of the facility.
- Takes and records temperatures, pulse, respiration, weigh, height and blood pressure per protocol.
- Prepares, administers and records medications in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medicine.
- Serve as a chaperon to the Physician in the patient room.
- Responds and participates in emergency care as directed by Physician.
- Performs and completes data history for range of patients served in a timely manner and in accordance with policy.
- Communicates with patients in a professional manner. Responds to patient and other physician requests in professional and timely manner.
- Answers phones, refers appropriate messages in a timely manner, and keeps office area tidy and organized.
- Obtains prior authorization as needed for patient procedures. Works with Central Scheduling to get patients scheduled. Completes in a timely manner all paperwork related to authorizations and scheduling.
- Calls in prescriptions for patients.
- Stocks office and clinical supplies. Ensures office and clinic equipment is operational.
- Opens and distributes mail.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Required: CNA, CMA, LPN, or Certified Medical Assistant
Excellent computer skills and communication skills required.
Human Resources Director
PO BOX 1107
Arkansas City, KS 67005