Nuclear Medicine Tech
Nuclear Medicine Technologist- Part-Time
1. Administers radio-pharmaceuticals and medications for patient imaging and therapeutic procedures.
2. Processes data and enhancing digital images using advanced computer technology.
3. Provides images, data analysis and patient information for diagnostic interpretation or therapeutic procedures.
4. Evaluates images to determine the technical quality and calibration of instrumentation
5. Evaluates new protocols.
6. Completes and signs Patient Screening form and explains the procedure to the patient.
7. Maintains patient care, comfort and safety during transport to and from the exam and during exam.
8. Maintains technical competency through continued education.
9. Cooperates with facility healthcare personnel and complies with facility policies and procedures.
10. Provides images to the Radiologist in the desired format.
11. Performs equipment quality checks and troubleshoots problems. Calls for service and notifies all pertinent team members.
12. Maintains a clean work environment.
13. Completes necessary administrative tasks. ie: time reports, billing, QA, etc.
14. Follows quality assurance guidelines and maintains patient confidentiality.
15. Complies with all safety policies and regulations.
16. Maintains current license and/or certificates with ARRT or NMTCB and Kansas State Board of Healing Arts.
17. Able to manage workload demands by organizing and prioritizing.
18. Maintains professional behavior with all medical center personnel, providers and patient under the stress of a heavy workload.
19. Maintains concentration with frequent interruptions.
20. Handles and processes orders utilizing the computer systems in an efficient manner.
21. Participates in Radiation Safety Committee.
22. Performs additional duties as required.
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
Active Radiology Technician license with Kansas State Board of Healing Arts.
ARRT or NMTCB Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist required; CT/General Radiology preferred. BLS certification will be required within six months of hire.
One-year experience preferred.
Sarah Kindt - Human Resources Director
PO BOX 1107
Arkansas City, KS 67005