Seven days on / Seven days off rotation
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (on call after hours)
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (on call after hours)
Description of Work Performed:
1. Functions as a staff pharmacist except in the absence of the Pharmacy Leader, then assumes responsibility of Pharmacy Leader.
2. Applies the knowledge of pharmacy and pharmacology in interpreting physicians’ orders for errors, for solving mathematical and pharmaceutical problems, and for furnishing information to physicians and nursing personnel.
3. Supervises nonprofessional personnel.
4. Carries out specific assigned duties.
5. Has a thorough working knowledge of the Pharmacy computer system and the Pharmacy program.
6. Is knowledgeable of the Pharmacy Policies and Procedures as well as SCKMC’s Policies and Procedures and sees that Pharmacy personnel follow these policies and procedures.
7. Has a thorough working knowledge of the Omnicell Automated Dispensing Machine.
8. Assists in implementing planned activities.
9. Functions as a professional role model.
10. Participates on Problem Solving Teams to continually improve the service provided to patients, employees, physicians, and all other customers of SCKMC.
11. Has the basic knowledge of the preparation of pharmaceutical needs of the infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
Current registration with the Kansas State Board of Pharmacy. 15 hours of continuing education annually. B.S. degree or higher in Pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy. Must have been practicing in the field of pharmacy within the past five (5) years, either as a student or pharmacist.
Works in Pharmacy Department 90% of the time and patient care area 10% of the time. Job responsibilities require minimal exposure to noise, lighting, and/or temperature levels. Exposure to irritating, unpleasant, or hazardous elements or conditions (i.e. blood, chemicals, and infectious diseases) is minimal.
Sarah Kindt - Human Resources Director
PO BOX 1107
Arkansas City, KS 67005